1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher Pump Question

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by timsmustang, Feb 2, 2010.

1. timsmustang

timsmustang Junior Member
    from VT

Posted this over in the Fisher section with no response, so thought I would try this part of the forum...this is in regards to the older Fisher belt driven hyd. pump...

About a year ago I had the classic problem I've read about over and over on this site...plow raises slowly...have to rev the engine to get plow to move, etc. So I replaced it with a SAM off brand pump and it worked great. Now 11 months later I'm having the exact problem again. Original Fisher pump lasted 16 years. One thing I did not do was flush the lines. Could this have actually caused the pump to fail in less than a year? Or are the off brand pumps no good? My fluid level is good and looks perfect and shows no metal or off color. Cold fluid works the same as hot.

I'm going to put a gage on the system to check it out but was wondering where is the relief check valve? Is it internal to the pump (Fisher Part # A2311) or is it in the valve body? I have the old joystick/cable setup. It looks like maybe there are three relief valves built into the valve body but not sure if maybe those are hydraulic shock valves...? Thanks for any input.

2. timsmustang

timsmustang Junior Member
    from VT

I'd delete this repeat if I could...........