1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher Pump Problems

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by PRT, Nov 8, 2010.

1. PRT

PRT Junior Member

I have a 7.5' Fisher plow that is cable operated by a Fisher pump that I redid for my 1993 Chevrolet k1500. I bought this plow this past summer it had been sitting around for a while before I got it. I sandblasted and painted the plow, replaced the hydraulic hoses and fittings and also the control cables, basically went through the entire plow. The plow goes up and down great but will not go left to right. The motor is running and I believe the four-way valve is centered good. What is the best way to trouble shoot this from here???

Thanks for your time.
    Pete

2. BoulderBronco

BoulderBronco Senior Member

What happens when you hit the joystick left and right? Do the hydraulics move at all? Can you hear the noise change? Those are very simple and trouble free designs so my guess is that you either have air in the system or the cable on the left/right valve need to be adjusted.

3. PRT

PRT Junior Member

The motor will run and then it will wind telling me that the presser is too much. It seems to be a slightly different noise from the left to the right. There could be air in the cylinders from me replacing the hoses and messing with it. Is there a way to bleed them?

Thank you for your help.
    Pete

4. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Old fashion cable operated spool valves? Is the spool for the angle rams actually moving when you move the joystick?

5. PRT

PRT Junior Member

I'm not sure what a spool valve is? I believe its just a four-way valve, that the cable rotates. When I move the joystick the cable does move the four-way valve up and down. Could there be a clog somewhere in the actual aluminum case for the return? Also does the up and down affect the side to side?

Thanks,
    Pete

6. snowman13

snowman13 Junior Member
    from CT

make sure the angle valve is moving when the cable is.

7. PRT

PRT Junior Member

The brand new quick couplers that I put on the plow were badd out of the box, replaced now works great. Thanks for the help! Merry Christmas!