1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

fisher pump oil

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by snoluvr, Dec 18, 2004.

1. snoluvr

snoluvr Senior Member
    from RI

I was at the dealer picking up a new cutting edge, and asked about the pump oil. I was told for a quick change, I can drain whats in the reservoir, and refill with new oil..My question is, when I drained the fluid the oil was yellow and white, obviously some water..The new fluid is blue..ez flow i think.Can I just put the new fluid into the reservoir? The dealer said it is ok, but fisher says not to mix fluids? any ideas??

2. Tarkus

Tarkus PlowSite.com Addict

Since you said that it appears tha water is present in fluid, you need to flush system and start over with all fresh fluid.

3. echovalley

echovalley Senior Member
    from CT

And the Fisher fluid is NOT BLUE it almost clear.I would'nt mix the two

4. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

The old Fisher fluid is clear,the new EZ flow fluid he bought IS blue.

5. echovalley

echovalley Senior Member
    from CT

Well i just got 5 gals from my Fisher dealer and its CLEAR it also has a exp.date of 02/2008 so i don't think its old stock.I have had fisher plows for about 17yrs and never had one with blue fluid except for all my meyers

6. Tim C

Tim C Member

Fisher Fluid

I had my plow tuned up mid Oct. and it is BLUE!!! They changed the color so it is easier. This was done by a fisher dealer. Hope we get snow!!!! :drinkup:

good Luck with more info. Tim C

7. echovalley

echovalley Senior Member
    from CT

It's probably beyers fluid not factory Fisher.It is cheaper and has a cold pour point of -50.The Fisher is -70 with a few more anti wear properties

8. Arc Burn

LOL!calm down!I am a dealer and i'm telling you your dealer sold you last years fluid,there's nothing wrong with it but the new stuff Fisher came out with this season is blue

9. echovalley

echovalley Senior Member
    from CT

LISTEN I"M IN NEED OF A SNOW FIX MAN OKAY :bluebounc :bluebounc purplebou

10. Ole JIM

Ole JIM Senior Member

FISHER Pump Fluid ?

Here all the Contractors I know USE regular Hydralic Fluid in their BIG Plows--same Hyd as their Dump Bodies & Regular Power Steering Fluid in their small Plows! I have Used Reg Tranny Fluid for yrs w/ No Problems! & to the GUY w/ Yellow Gunk? I*D Flush Mine by unhooking a Line so I could Control the flow & keep Re-filing the Tank until good Fluid was ALL that was Running Out!--& Do each Piston Seperately! until the entire system was Clean & keep an Eye on what? the Fluid looked like? in My Pump & Tank!--I have the Ole Fisher System w/ the Pump & Tank in the Engine Compartent!--& have Freinds that have the New System & their having PROBLEMS!-w/the COLD! as they Need Speical Fisher Hyd Fluid--I DONO? Why Fisher put Everything out Front in the COLD?--$$$ I Guess? Fisher has Had some Great Ideas! but the Above in My Book Is NOT One of Them!--Ole JIM--

11. snoluvr

snoluvr Senior Member
    from RI

pump oil

Ok, to clear it all up...I have a 2003 mm2 with 8'.Dealer installe don the truck. I have always washed the plow after use, and it is stored indoors in my shop, no lower than 70 degrees.My dealer told me for a quick fix to just drain the reservoir and top it off again..Better than nothing. The bottle was Fisher oil, with their logo.It said EZ high performance pump oil. it is blue..now my question was, when i drained the fluid the old stuff is yellow and thick.This blue oil is thinner. it just seems strange that the dealer told me to mix the two oils...anyone know??? thanks

12. Arc Burn

You will need to flush the system and get that old fluid out if it's discolored,thats a sure sign of moisture.