1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher Pump Mate

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by bikernut, Feb 23, 2014.

1. bikernut

bikernut Junior Member

does any one know where to get a Fisher Pump Mate, ours has lost the bearing and chewed up the sheave. I have tried a few dealers but they don't have any or know where I can get one so I am turning to you good folks hoping some one has one sitting on a shelf or knows of one collecting dust.
    thanks in advance for any info

2. gtmustang00

gtmustang00 Senior Member
    from Berlin

What plow is it?

3. bikernut

bikernut Junior Member

the old style under the hood pump Fisher part # A2311 mounted on a 1987 GMC 2500 with a 350 engine

4. bikernut

bikernut Junior Member

I ran a pump mate on my old 86 and I think it was a lot easier to just remove the bolt and done, no having to loosen the bolts and then when reinstalling the belt to tighten the pump.

5. bad93blaster

bad93blaster Member

what is it? I just tripped over a hydro setup that I took off a 89 350

6. bikernut

bikernut Junior Member

it is a pulley that you can remove a bolt from the front of the sheave and it lets the pulley free wheel without turning the pump in the off months, hence the term pump saver/mate.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2014