1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

fisher pump installation problem

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by bluevan, Nov 24, 2003.

1. bluevan

bluevan Junior Member
    from NH

I am in the process off putting a 7.5' fisher plow on an 89 fullsize blazer. I acquired a decent conventional unit that was on an 86 1/2 ton. Everything has fit fine so far except the pump. The pump is for a V-belt system and I have a serpentine belt setup in the truck! I expected some minor setbacks during install but this has me at a standstill.

I have gone to the very informative fisher website and found exact instructions for what I need to do and shows all the parts. Are these parts still available somewhere? Can you just go down to the nearest dealer and order all this stuff? I cant imagine that they keep stock all these parts for every application, especially the old conventional stuff.

Maybe there is an easier way to do this that I am not seeing. Any advice would be helpful.

Thanks,

Joel

2. ksland

ksland Senior Member
    from ma

All the parts should be available in stock at your local Fisher parts dealer, if not they can order them. Being such a common application you have they will probably stock the stuff you need, I just went through the same thing only for a ford, Bracket, pulley, belt, bolts etc ran me about $160 and was all in stock at one of the dealers about an hour away.

3. ksland

ksland Senior Member
    from ma

Oh, and enjoy plowing with that blazer, they make great plow trucks only downfall is rear visibility. But they plow nice.

4. phoenix827

phoenix827 Member

Yes, you can order them, and no, I wouldn't expect them to be stocked. I know mine isnt. I still have to get the same parts for mine, (88 s10) but I am waiting till I get the pump in the RIGHT way! (this truck is a cluster!):rolleyes: :eek: :dizzy:

5. snowplowman

snowplowman Junior Member
    from NH

parts

Hello , we are a distributor of FISHER snowplows and carry a large inventory of parts, we can probably help you out. Give us a try. ASH Supply, Littleton, NH 1-888-314-0811