1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher pump info

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by JayB, Dec 28, 2000.

1. JayB

JayB Junior Member

Here's a stupid question. Does it make a difference which way the hydraulic pump on an older Fisher is driven? I'm swapping a setup from a 87 Chevy p/u to a 90 Suburban. They are both 350's but the Suburban has a serpentine belt and the waterpump spins counterclockwise. (the drive pulley is mounted on the waterpump.) Will this work or does the plow pump have to be driven clockwise? There is nothing on the pump indicating rotation. Thanks in advance.

2. ICky

ICky Junior Member

Ran into the same problem / question when installing a belt driven pump on an old tractor the other day.

I just spun the pump with a impact wrench to discover which way it had to turn to develop pressure. On the old unit I had (not a fisher) it only pumped in one direction.

ICky