1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher protube

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by TrailK10, Jun 26, 2004.

1. TrailK10

TrailK10 Member
    from NH

Was just on fishers site and noticed they had a bumper grille guard that bolted to the plow mounts was wondering if anybody has one yet and if they had any pics thanks

2. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

they stole that idea from meyers you can see a good pic on the meyer homepage

3. snoking

snoking Senior Member

stole from meyer??....lol....they just passed it down the hall....meyer ownes diamond, western, and fisher all one big happy family.....

4. cigam

cigam Guest

Douglas Dynamics owns Fisher

5. wfd44

wfd44 Senior Member
    from Maine

Fisher and Myers were once commonly owned but are no longer. Western and Diamond are under the same ownership. Diamond and Fisher have never been corporate bedfellows.

6. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

yes, i don't think meyer owns all of those companys otherwise fisher and western would not be as good as they are.

7. PLOWMAN45

all im saying is the meyer brush guard was around longer i dont care i think it looks stupid

8. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

In this, cigam is correct. Fisher and Western are made on the same line and owned by Douglas Dymanics. Douglas Dynamics was owned by AK Steel until April of this year, when it was sold to DDL Acquisition Corporation of Los Angeles, CA.

As far as I know, Meyer and Diamond are a separate company.

9. PLOWMAN45

meyer and diamond are a partner co

10. mylawn03

mylawn03 Senior Member

meyer is to diamond as western is to fisher

meyer and western make full-mouldboard trip plows, while

diamond and fisher make trip-edge plows

11. wfd44

wfd44 Senior Member
    from Maine

I stand correcterd. Fisher and Western are both owned by Douglas Dynamics. A simple look at the Western site will show you that the Western handheld controller is a Fishstick with red buttons (or vice versa). The Fisher plant used to produce exclusively Fisher product and all Fisher plows came from that one plant in Rockland, Maine. Since they moved out to their new plant this may well have changed. It would actually make sense to produce Westerns for the Northeast in Rockland and Fishers for the western states in Milwaukee.

12. ratlover

ratlover PlowSite.com Addict
    from IL

fisher and western make full trips too......

13. PLOWMAN45

what model fisher fully trips i havent seen yet

14. ronsracing

ronsracing Member
    from CT

The only fisher that fully trips that I can think of is the homesteader. Not fully sure though...

15. ratlover

ratlover PlowSite.com Addict
    from IL

I read him wrong :eek: I though he ment fisher/wester only made trip edge plows. I consider em the same plows with different paint jobs. kinda like chevy gmc

I see what he was saying now......hooked on fonicks obviously didnt work for me:rolleyes:

16. PLOWMAN45

14 responses and meyer was the first one with there bumper guard we have to establish that

17. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

Actually Dean Fisher was was the first. He came out with a guard that bolted to the old stlye conventional mount of Fishers. I think it was first sold in the late 70s early 80s.

Fisher has often been on the leading edge of plow design. One of the reasons Douglas Dynamics wanted them.

18. PLOWMAN45

well here is food for thought last year western's new ultra mout out sold fisher

19. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

Of course, Western has a much bigger market share. Another commonly known fact.

Take a close look at the ultramount frame. I can see a lot of Fisher in it.

Most of the midwest is all red (Western and Boss)

Now municipalities there are starting to run Fishers. They must like something about them.

20. PLOWMAN45

i like the westerns pro myself