1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher problem

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Steamintrains, Nov 8, 2015.

1. Steamintrains

Steamintrains Junior Member

bought a used Fisher M2M and went I tilt it goes up, if I try to tilt the other way it doesn't move. Any ideas?
  2. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

By tilt I assume you mean angle. First thought would be to try another control with what little info you give. Which will it not go? Does it raise? Does the motor run when requesting the different functions? Connections clean? Are the pins falling out of connector for control?
  3. Buswell Forest

Buswell Forest PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

You have a stuck control valve in the valve body. There is only 3 in a straight blade, so they are easy to figure. Take the solenoid off, then pull the valve cartridge out, one after the other so you don't mix them up. One will be stuck, and in my experience, they can never be made to function properly for more than a few minutes...you can usually get them at NAPA...at least my NAPA has them.
  4. Steamintrains

Steamintrains Junior Member

I pulled out all three solenoids and they didn't seem to be stuck (i was able to push in on each one) I am guessing the single acting one is to raise and the double acting ones are to angle. I haven't had a chance to remount it and check if it works now.
    Can I switch the two double acting ones to see if the problem moves to the other side when I remount it?