1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher problem

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by majesticremodel, Nov 14, 2010.

1. majesticremodel

majesticremodel Junior Member

I have a fisher heavy duty original minute mount hydro/electric. Every season my plow won't lift until I replace the screen filter on pump. This year I emptied it, cleaned it out and changed the screen and still no lift. The main lift cylinder shakes a little and it slowly wants to pull into the left but it woun't go up. It does go left right fine. Any suggestions?

2. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

First, remove and clean all your plow connections to motor, batteries, grounds. By cleaning I mean sand off any crud so you have good metal to metal contact. If this doesn't help, either the motor or pump may be the problem.

3. majesticremodel

Contacts are all clean, if it was the pump or motor, why would it go left and right fine?

4. equip guy

equip guy Member

pull out the spool lift valve that the coil goes on, lightly sand the surface, and look to see if there is debris in the cross ports. some times the orings can brake down and cause blockage, and make it strain to lift or turn if it was that circut. Also check all of your grounds, even though it goes side to side each coil has an idependant grounds, clean and apply die electric grease, let us know how you make out

5. majesticremodel

I pulled the spool and #40 cartridge replaced both of them, and cleaned and greased all grounds and wires already, still no lift.

6. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

when you hit up does the coil magnetize? you may try a different control just to rule that out.

7. majesticremodel

Yes, It does magnatize, which is why I'm baffled. The motor runs when I push the joystick up, but it just jerks back and forth and draws in slightly to the left.

8. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

does the 4 way valve shift by hand? even if it's new?

9. equip guy

equip guy Member

Ok lets try this again. When you power this coil up it magnatizes, but no movement right?
    Does it just click or jerk?
    If you swapped coils (they are the same} does it move back and forth?
    If you pulled off the hoses to the pistons, can you move right to left with out binding?

Let me know, We'll help ya out.

10. equip guy

equip guy Member

I meant to say does it go up, not left or right.

11. majesticremodel

I can't pull the hoses off its a minute mount, if I pull unscrew them they will dump fluid. I don't know what the 4 port is. Yes, it jerks not clicks