1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

fisher pro-caster

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by vmj, Dec 16, 2008.

1. vmj

vmj Senior Member
    from conn

Went to get extra belts to have in the truck and noticed on new sanders that they changed the drive to a chain.. Which i was concered about when i bought this last year. I asked if they were having problems with the belts, and all they would say is sometimes.. Is anyone having problems and is it worth changing it over to a chain?? Thanks.

2. vmj

vmj Senior Member
    from conn

Guess i'm the only one with a fisher sander.. lol

3. vmj

vmj Senior Member
    from conn

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

4. timmy1

timmy1 Senior Member
    from RI

I had one with belts. Never really had problems other than making sure there tight. I remember running the chain, putting a load on. I drove to a job, threw the switch, and nothing but a squeal. Took a 9/16 wrench, tightened it up, and off I went. :dizzy:
    I sold that one and bought a curtis ss hydralic unit. I really love it so far.

5. CAG80

CAG80 Member
    from ct

dont run ours much its a back up, but have not had any problems.. im not really fond of the belt set up but it has not given me any reasons not to be...
    by the waay would you happen to have the owners maunal with the parts numbers and wiring diagram for that unit..

6. vmj

vmj Senior Member
    from conn

i should, i'll look when i get into the shop where i THINK all the papers are..