1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher Pro-caster questions

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Bruce'sEx, May 28, 2009.

1. Bruce'sEx

Bruce'sEx Senior Member

Wondering, if it will be safe to pull a Max of 2.4 amps off the electric clutch, for set of lights. Or should I be safe and go relay

2. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

I think you would be fine, but I don't know what the clutch draws. 2.4 amps isn't going to be much light, unless you are running LEDs. Fisher put three (I think) spare wires in the control harness. I'm pretty sure the manual says up to ten amps per circuit, 15 amps max total. Use one of those with a separate switch. I know why you want into tie to the clutch, but it's going to flash when you use the blast button. Plus when you get used to backing up with that extra light, you'll never shut it off. Hobbs makes some really nice rectangular work lights. I get them at the John Deere shop, with JD packaging. They draw 4-5 amps and put out great light. Much better than the Walmart crap.

3. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Depending on the harness there will be 1 or 3 accessory wires. If it has just one wire then it will be yellow, if three then you will have yellow, blue and violet. They sill stub out of the harness close to the motor.

http://www.fishersnowplows.com/pdf/94647.04_090108.pdf

4. Bruce'sEx

Bruce'sEx Senior Member

I know all about the extra wires and all that. It's just a idea to put a flashing warrning light on when salt is actualy be thrown down. hence tapping the clutch, and not on it's own switch. from what I know the clutch it'se draws 4 amps

already have spot lights on a switch and such from years ago.

Last edited: May 29, 2009
  5. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

That should be fine. And that's a good idea.