1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher Powerplow

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by lakeeffect, Apr 3, 2007.

1. lakeeffect

lakeeffect Senior Member

Spotted at my local dealer today

Fisher powerplow.jpg

Fisher powerplow #2.jpg
  2. vortec5.7

vortec5.7 Member

ill take 10 sweet
  3. smitty3903

smitty3903 Junior Member

What is that metal sticking up from the top of the plow for?
  4. mreamer

mreamer Member

Directing airflow into the radiator...?
  5. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

That is so sweet. I can't wait to see one up close.
  6. killed300ex

killed300ex Senior Member

Are the plows going to be able to scoop like a blizzard plows? Looks nice definitly be good for a person with a range of accounts from smalled driveways to wide open parking lots.
  7. Boycea

Boycea Member
    from MA

That is sweet. Are they in production yet, or are they still testing them out?
  8. mayhem

mayhem PlowSite.com Addict
    from Peru MA

Are those power operated wings or something? Cool. Wonder what that setup weighs compared to a regular 8' HD...must be a good 100-150# extra.
  9. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

10 thing to go wrong give me a straight blade
  10. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

Amazing how people like it now that it is yellow instead of white...:dizzy:
  11. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

Yes they have the scooping wings just like the blizzard plows. I think they are still being tested but will probably hit the market pretty soon
  12. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

I count 12. Might want to go back to manual angle on your horse and buggy too.
  13. PLOWMAN45

i would go back to under hood hydraulics
  14. Mark Oomkes

Even with all those extra hoses? And the extra wiring or rods through the firewall?

A single pin and moving it manually would be much less to break. I think you're still making it too complicated with under the hood hydros.
  15. PLOWMAN45

i have seen it all i have seen blizzard fail and infamous snow way stop i will i dont need a v plow or extended wings
  16. mayhem

mayhem PlowSite.com Addict
    from Peru MA

Whats the cost/weight and complexity compared to a nice V-plow I wonder? Obviously its gonna cost more than a regular 8;' straight blade plow and I can't imagine it being more useful than a true V-plow.

Whats the perceived need for those power wings? I see alot of you guys have the bolt on wings for your straight plows, but whats the advantage of having them be power operated? It is really a useful feature or is this just an example of marketing telling engineering to make something?
  17. Chevytruck85

Chevytruck85 Senior Member

so basicly its a blizzard painted yellow with a fisher sticker on it. right?
  18. Mark Oomkes

They're not, stick with a straight blade.

Yup, exactly. They're really just for show, makes me look :cool: .

Answer one question for me Plowman and mayhem. If these plows are just gimmicks and worthless pieces of scrap metal, why did Douglas Dynamics buy Blizzard?

Chevytruck, not even close.

Why even use a steel plow? What's wrong with a chunk of plywood strapped to the front of your truck?
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2007
  19. troy28282

troy28282 Senior Member

Guess what, All plows break, its the nature of this industry. My BRAND NEW plow broke once this season a couple days after I bought it but Im not about to stop buying them or using it just because it "may" break or some may go wrong someday. Have you tried this new Fisher blade or even a Blizzard? If you haven't then dont be so quick to pass judgement on something that you dont know anything about or have used first hand.
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2007
  20. Niteman9

Niteman9 Senior Member

Mark, You crack me up. I have never plowed with a blizzard but have plowed without one and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize how much more productive they are. If I can swing it I will have a Blizzard before next year.