1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher polycaster wiring cost and difficulty

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Jguck25, Nov 23, 2014.

1. Jguck25

Jguck25 Senior Member

Hi I have added a new truck to the fleet and I am thinking about wiring it up for my polycaster just incase I have to throw my sander in it

How much am I looking at to set it up? Also what is the cost to have it installed?

I'm making a trip to langs in the morning for a whole bunch of parts and would really like this too if it Is not too expensive

2. Jguck25

Jguck25 Senior Member

Looking like I might need it in this truck for a storm coming wednesday.. my main truck with the wiring in it already is still in the shop with the bed off waiting for the flatbed to arrive..

Should I attempt the wiring myself?

3. vwmurph

vwmurph Member
    from Maine

Check Fishers website for installation instructions. http://library.fisherplows.com/publications.asp?cat=397 Looks like the hardest part is deciding where to route the power cables to the rear of the truck. Positive and Negative connection at the battery, and one power connection in the cab for the controller.

4. unhcp

unhcp PlowSite.com Addict

I did 2 recently and it wasn't that bad at all, basically the same as a multiplex plow plus tapping the brake light.

5. Sabsan84

Sabsan84 Senior Member

I just bought a polycaster 2.5, where do you tap into the truck to get the brake light lead? or do I just use one of the wires to the dump bodies brake lights maybe?

thanks

6. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

You need to get the high mounted stop light wire or the stop lead at the connector under the bumper.

7. Sabsan84

Sabsan84 Senior Member

thanks, I will see what leads i can find, this is a chassis cab, not sure if its the same