1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher Polycaster Issues - who has one?

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by djlunchbox, Oct 29, 2011.

1. djlunchbox

djlunchbox Member

Hi all, I've been a lurker on here for a year now, but never had a reason to post until now. We just purchased a 1.5 yd polycaster a month ago, and it appears that we will be using it tonight and tomorrow. When we took delivery at the dealer, I wanted to make sure I had the correct method down to removing and installing the spinner motor assembly. When we went to put it back on, it was a major PITA to get it to line up, but we eventually got it on. I didn't think much of it at the time, we all agreed that we may have had the electrical connector jammed in the wrong spot or something. whatever, no biggie. So we got it home, took the spinner assembly off again, and took the v box off until we needed it.
    Fast forward to yesterday. We are in for a freak nor- easter, and it looks like we will need to break this in sooner than we thought. get the sander back into the bed, strapped down, and then go to put the spinner assembly back on. No dice. 3 grown men tried for an hour last night to get it lined up, and there is no way i can get the lower pins in. it looks like the conveyor motor is too far back. not sure if it moved somehow while in storage. i wouldn't think so, the adjusters are in the front, not the rear. I'm thinking that this was the issue all along, and we somehow wedged the thing on at the dealer. It's really getting under my skin, because now we need it, and the dealer is apparently closed Saturdays.

anybody own one of these newer models, and have any ideas? I don't see any adjustments to move that motor. I can remove the deflectors near the conveyor, but those aren't hitting. :realmad: right now we have a brand new sander with a tie down strap holding the spinner on. :gunsfiring:

2. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Do I have which, a PolyCaster or issues? I used to have a PolyCaster (First Gen), I still have issues.

3. djlunchbox

djlunchbox Member

apparently I have issues too. I sent two guys over to the truck this morning, and they said it slipped right in. Maybe it warmed up during the day and fit in easier? who the heck knows. as long as it works now i'm happy. crisis averted. Thumbs Up