1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher polycaster....empty error code

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by BMWSTUD25, Jan 26, 2013.

1. BMWSTUD25

BMWSTUD25 Senior Member

I'm having a problem with my new spreader. I ran it out of salt, and as usual got the two beep error code that it was out of salt, so I went back and put another couple ton in and went back out. When I got to my first lot I tried to spread salt and the same 2 beep error come kept coming on. I tried unplugging it to see if it would reset but no such luck. Any secrets or tricks to get it to work? Thanks in advance.

2. snowplowparts

snowplowparts Inactive

Check your 100 amp in-line fuse for starters,

Does anything else work? spinner ?
    Im assuming conveyor is not.

3. snowplowparts

snowplowparts Inactive

If you have an inverted vee, when you dumped the salt in it can bridge
    over the inverted vee and you will get the empty error code.

Seen it many times...

4. bliz&hinikerDLR

bliz&hinikerDLR Senior Member

No, everything should work ... it's just annoying. The empty error code is sort of a good thing. It means the drag chain motor is not working hard ... ie. the drag chain and material are moving very easily.

Try reducing the conveyor speed to 6 or lower.

5. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Mine did this twice....every other time I run out, it didn't even signal me. No inverted v in mine. I cranked the conveyor all the way up, then all the way down, hit the blast button for a second, then turned the conveyor back up slowly, it worked accordingly after that. :rolleyes: I haven't investigated further.

6. BMWSTUD25

BMWSTUD25 Senior Member

Hmm will try those few things just to see if that helps. I do have the inverted v but,I'm,sure it hasn't bridged. Any other thought greatly appreciated.