1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher Polycaster dropping clump's of material?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by CSPM, Dec 27, 2011.

1. CSPM

CSPM Junior Member

Hey everyone hope all is well. I have a quick question i have a new Fisher Polycaster and i have in on my F550 dump. I have the chute adjusted down to the lower height for the dump truck. I have been trying to adjust the sander for laying sand/salt. It seems to be spreading about 75% of the material and dropping the rest in spots/clumps on ground. It looks kind of sloppy and to be wasting a decent amount of material the way it is adjusted.

I have adjusted the gate handle on the back of the sander down to the lower settings thinking maybe it is dropping to much material on the spinner it seems to help alittle bit. And i fabricated the metal piece on the chute that seems to be a guide plate for the material when it drops to the spinner i adjusted it to be closer to the truck so the material doesn't fall behind the plate and that seems to help alittle bit. Didn't know if anyone out there has an idea on anything else that would help or a good setting on the controller for spreading sand/salt? Thanks for your time! :drinkup:
  2. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

sounds like the spinner is not spining fast enough