1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher PolyCaster 1.8

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by shovelracer, Oct 22, 2012.

1. shovelracer

shovelracer Senior Member

Fisher PolyCaster 1.8, used all last year and half the year before. Fully functional and maintained. This is a newer 2 motor unit. This is a feeler at this point, but will let go to serious buyer. I'm asking $3500 with no truckside. I can provide a new truckside for $500. This is a legit spreader, we just got new 1.5s and are using them to make more room for other tools in the bed. Located near Newton, NJ 07860. Send PM if interested.

2. shovelracer

I went through everything today. Complete unit with new wiring in factory package. $3900 complete. Still willing to sell spreader only if someone wants it like that. Make offer.

1023121531.jpg

3. shovelracer

Update: Unit is still available, fully functional has been in storage this season. Unit must go. $3000 with no truckside, $3400 with brand new in box truckside wiring kit. Make reasonable offers.

4. MatthewG

MatthewG PlowSite.com Addict

Have any more pics of critical stuff like the drag chain, spinner motor, parts that rust etc.
    What year is it, or when was it purchased new?

Stored in or outside?

Matt

5. shovelracer

I'll have to get more pics. The drag chain is surface rusted, but has been lubed at the hinges. The main motor chain was replaced and lubed. The unit has not been used this season and has always been stored indoors.

6. shovelracer

Updated pics

IMG_3639.jpg

IMG_3640.jpg

IMG_3643.jpg

IMG_3641.jpg

IMG_3642.jpg

7. shovelracer

$3300 will consider trade for wideout plowside or other fleet flex plows.

8. shovelracer

This unit is 8' long.

Seems like every time snow is in the forecast the interest pics up. First one to put cash in my hand goes home with a spreader.

$3250

9. shovelracer

Make reasonable offers, I need the space.

10. MatthewG

MatthewG PlowSite.com Addict

When do you need/want it gone?

11. shovelracer

Last October

12. PhilFromErie

PhilFromErie Senior Member

Someone is going to get a good buy on this spreader.

13. ponyboy

ponyboy Senior Member

$2500 for everything

14. shovelracer

That's a little low. For $2700 you can have the spreader with no wiring. My bottom complete is $3000. That is more than reasonable.

15. ponyboy

ponyboy Senior Member

It's really not when you want to sell let me know even in the spring

16. shovelracer

Perhaps you have something to trade for the difference. Not sure how an educated offer can be placed over the internet. Show me a comparative model for sale for the same price and perhaps I'll rethink it. All I come up with older more used spreaders that have been stored outside. Pretty unlikely that you will find a spreader in ready to use condition for the same price. Gas or Electric.

$3000

17. ponyboy

ponyboy Senior Member

Hey it is yours ask what you want but when it does not sell which I hope it does for you and spring is around the corner and you want me to come get it let me know
    But again I hope you get your asking price

18. shovelracer

Sure put cash in my hand, but for the price you offer I keep the wiring and controller. That gives you all summer to source those items at discount.

19. shovelracer

20. shovelracer

Unit will sell Monday. Get to the link above to get in a chance to have a great spreader for a great price.