1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher poly vs new steel caster

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by plowing ri, Sep 23, 2015.

1. plowing ri

plowing ri Junior Member
    from ri

Looking to buy a new sander for a f350 dump. Thinking electric is the way to go and had my mind made up on the polycasteruntil I saw the new fisher electric steel caster. Trying to see everyone's thoughts because the price on 2.5 poly is $6300 and 2.0 yd electric steel caster is $4700. Big price difference. Trying to see the pros and cons against each other. Thanks in advance

2. unhcp

unhcp PlowSite.com Addict

Well let's start with the size, you shouldn't really be comparing a 2.5 yard to the 2.0, if you want to compare let's go wit the 1.8 poly and 2.0 steel-caster. This will bring the polycaster price way down.

Poly is enclosed and lighter weight empty, adjustable feed gate, easier to store,

Steel-Caster - accessory hub, dump material option, deflector shutter, inverted V

tough call, I like the poly because it is enclosed and plastic, the steel-caster has some awesome features though

3. plowing ri

plowing ri Junior Member
    from ri

Thank you for your input and you are right it's a tough call just have to make my mind up soon before the snows flying

4. plowing ri

plowing ri Junior Member
    from ri

Price differance between 3yd steel and 2.5 poly is 200$. Steel is cheaper