1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher poly spreader

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by SNOWANDICEMAN, Sep 30, 2008.

1. SNOWANDICEMAN

SNOWANDICEMAN Senior Member

Just wanted some info. On the fisher poly spreader what are your opinions on this unit. I heard it has to be bolted to your bed of your pickup truck i hate to drill holes in my bed of my truck!! Also i here it comes with hold down straps also. But i was told the if you didn't bolt it to the bed of the truck it would slide in the bed, and might smash your back window, any feed back would be great.

Thanks snowandiceman

2. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

None of our slide ins are bolted directly to the truck beds. We have them bolted onto 4x4's, cut long enough to hit the front of the bed. Then they're strapped down at the corners. This allows us to take them off and wash out the truck bed and bottom of the salters easily. Hope this helps.

3. SNOWANDICEMAN

SNOWANDICEMAN Senior Member

Thanks for info.

Thanks for the info. was great help to me.

SNOWANDICEMAN