1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

fisher poly salter problem

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Sealer People, Mar 4, 2012.

1. Sealer People

Sealer People Senior Member

Hi everyone.

The salter is about 4 years old, rubber belt, slide in 1.4 yard.

Its been a few days now that Ive been noticing that the chain keeps coming off.
    Every time I turned it on, the chain would come off. We noticed that the chain was lose so we took a link off,, Problem solved for the rest of the day :)

This morning I went to go use it again, it worked for about a minute or so & soon after the chain fell off again.

After looking it over, I noticed that the shaft, right underneath the large sprocket was cracked right in half.

The shaft is holding the sprocket at the top, right underneath that is the pulley & then the shaft goes into the gearbox.

Ive taken it apart, now I just got to get into the gearbox. I believe inside the gear box is where the shaft connects to something that drives the main belt to bring the salt forward.

Anyone have a diagram of some sort of what it might look like in the gearbox ??

Any advice is appreciated.