1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher poly for a 6.5 bed?

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Santry426, Jan 13, 2011.

1. Santry426

Santry426 Senior Member

I've been seeing more and more contractors around me running the fisher poly units. I've been trying to price them out and research them ....I see that CPW has one a 1.5 unit for 3800. But in the pictures it looks different from some of the ones I am seeing. Is the one they selling an older model or something? My local dealers can't seem to come anywhere near the price there offering .

My other question is..When running the sander that has two motors does it seem to put more or less drain on the trucks electrical system them a plow in operation?
  2. Santry426

Santry426 Senior Member

Bump...I have people telling me to stay away from these if i'm going to do a sand/salt mix saying they dont like to spread the mix? There units are the first gen's are people still having issues like this with the new model?
  3. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

I have no experience with them, but looking at there website it states that these are the new fisher poly caster spreaders. I would give them a call and see what they have to say if they are GEN 1 OR GEN 2. What are you going to run through them, a mix or straight salt of sand?
  4. Santry426

Santry426 Senior Member

Will be doing both strait salt and a 60/40 sand/salt mix depending on what the contractor wants...

I've made a few calls to dealers and they dont seem to have much to say about them. They seem like for such a good seller theres a large grey area with them