1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

fisher poly caster

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by salt dogg, Sep 17, 2011.

1. salt dogg

salt dogg Senior Member
    from Boston

has any one tried putting the 1.8 in a short bed ford f350? wondering if it would fit.

2. Grumpydave

Grumpydave Member

Personal opinion only...Test fitted a 8' Western SS gas motor sander I kept when I traded my '01 Chevy Dualie 8' bed for a '09 F350 with a "short" 7' bed. Because of the way the western feeds out I was worried about weight of the sand with a foot plus unsupported overhang at the back. Traded the Western in against a 1.4 7' Polycaster and loved the way it "fits" the bed. No issues with an overhang and keeps a shorter overall footprint while plowing driveways.

3. salt dogg

salt dogg Senior Member
    from Boston

Thanks for the reply. The reason I was asking is that I had a salt dogg shpe 2000, which was made for an eight foot bed. It fit perfect though in my seven foot bed. I was thinking the fact that it is electric and does not have the weight of the motor on the back it might work. The salt dogg was an 1.8 capacity and at the end of last year I bought an air flo 6.5 footer but it's only like a 1.4 capacity . Was hoping to find some thing that is around 1.8 or so. Anyone have any ideas for the seven foot bed? I would love to find a pro caster seven footer in stainless but fisher stopes making those.

4. salt dogg

salt dogg Senior Member
    from Boston

Does any one run there poly caster with the inverted v? Or is it a waste of money.