1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher Poly Caster Sander

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by DRG, Sep 4, 2006.

1. DRG

DRG Junior Member

Has anyone got a qoute on one of those new fisher poly sanders?

2. winteroasis

winteroasis Junior Member

I talked to a dealer just last week about one they look like a sweet setup. He said Between $4000- $4400 (Canadian $$$) I think he was gone get back to me when there shippment comes in.
    What will you spreading salt or sand/salt mix? I dont know how they will handle wet sand hopefully just fine

3. CARDOCTOR

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

got a quote on the western tornado same spreader different color $2600

john

4. Fergy42286

Fergy42286 Member

I was qouted 3200 in RI and 3045 in NH @ Lang's where I bought my plow.
    Brian

5. DRG

DRG Junior Member

I got a estimate today $ 3600 from Donovans Equipment in NH .

6. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

looking at about $4500 canadian, looks too small for a 1 ton but too big for a half ton. I would go with the snow-ex 2 yard. I have seen it spread real wet sand. No problem

7. jglandscaping

jglandscaping Senior Member

I got a quote for $2800, nice little setup but not something for a 1 ton. The shoot is to high up. I ended up buying a 3 year old Hiway SS sander for $2800 with 11hp honda engine.
    James

8. IBEW103

IBEW103 Junior Member

I wonder if it would fit on an 06 chevy 2500hd diesel with a 6.5 foot bed? Anyone know?

9. jglandscaping

jglandscaping Senior Member

It will. It was designed to be put in a short bed truck, light enough to even run in a 1/2 ton.
    James

10. IBEW103

IBEW103 Junior Member

Thanks for the help

11. Nestech

Nestech Senior Member

Poly-Caster/Tornado

In Stock in your choice of Fisher Yellow or Western Red. $4100.00 Instaltymusic ed!

12. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

I was quoted this weekend $2600 plus 200 dollars for the install.They said it would be going up another hundred or so soon.

13. Sciticofarms

Sciticofarms Junior Member

Nice price!

Hi Eastern Lawn Care,
    I like that price! Would you share where you got this price? Home town is Enfield.:nod:

14. SnoShark

SnoShark Junior Member

I just purchased the Poly-Caster $3700 including tax, installed at Tucks Trucks in Hudson, Mass.

15. BBailey

BBailey Junior Member
    from Vermont

My buddy got one here in VT for 3100. cash and carry!

16. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

I was quoted the price at the BIG E in Mass i was told they will be going up a few hundred bucks before winter.

They gave me a card to

Middlesex truck and van equipment 44 pane road Newington,ct

1-800-253-6779

17. tom718

tom718 Junior Member

Connecticut here and they quoted me 3400$ Installed

18. csx5197

csx5197 Senior Member

I see many people have been quoted or picked them up, but how do they work? well, not so good? I'm thinking about getting one in the future.

19. ppease

ppease Member
    from Maine

Mine works fine. Had to tighten the belt once so far, probably put 8 - 10 loads through it so far.

20. chaseatg

chaseatg Member

You must have mistaken the poly caster price with a Speed caster 2. The price that was quoted at the Big E was 3411.00 plus tax cash and carry for the polycaster and 2596.00 pluis tax for the speedcaster 2. I gave you Middelsexs card. I am the person who worked the Big E.