1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher Plug Broken Pin

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Sapper, Nov 12, 2008.

1. Sapper

Sapper Junior Member

I have an older MM1 with a 2-plug 9-pin harness. The problem is that 1 pin (male) for the plow running lights has broken and is stuck in the vehicle side plug (female). Are the any field craft or permanent fixes for this? I really don't want to buy the new harness with lights which must be ordered and set me back $250+

2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

You can replace just the ends on both the truck and plow side. Dealer should have them in stock.

3. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

If you have a powerful magnet or something you can probably pull the stuck end out of the plow side harness and at least save that. I would certainly replace the end plug of the broken truck side harness though! www.centralparts.com is good to deal with if you don't have a dealer close by, i would guess $60 or so for the truck side plug end.

-mike-

4. plowtime1

plowtime1 Senior Member

Langs Corner Garage NH or Rh Scales Westwood ,Ma. both have good pricing. good luck

5. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

If you can get the pin out of the female end, for a temporary fix, just take a finish nail, cut it to length, and use that for your pin. I carry a couple in my repair kit, just in case.

6. Sapper

Sapper Junior Member

Thank you for all the helpfull hints and approaches to fixing this issue!!

7. Gicon

Gicon Senior Member
    from MA

Do it right, and replace the harness. I had to do it. It is a crappy bullet to bite. The money you think you are saving now could cost you huge in a storm. Replace it and have piece of mind.

8. tom_mccauley

tom_mccauley Senior Member

Replacing the whole wiring harness just to replace a plug is "crazy talk" :rolleyes::rolleyes:

9. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

I made the suggestion of using the finish nail as a temporary fix. By no means was I telling him to rig it and leave it that way forever. For all I knew he was in the middle of a lot when it broke. Depending on your electrical skills, you can just buy new ends, and splice them in. If this is the course of action you choose, make sure you solder and heat shrink each wire seperatley, and also heat shrink the entire group of wires together afterwards.