1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? Explore this quick video tour of updates and enhancements. It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

fisher plows

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by go plow, Sep 7, 2005.

1. go plow

go plow Senior Member

hi all, last march i bought a 02 ford f350 dual wheel ,with a 9ft fisher, i noticed that the plow does not lift much off the ground, i had a meyer before,with a e60 h and that thing lifted the plow up onto my hood if i wanted it too... i liked to fact that my old meyer would do that i could stack snow really good, this fisher cant stack that high, is there anything i could do to make it lift higher??? in the lifted position if i remember right its about 6 inches off the ground, i dont think its right... thanks

2. lumps

lumps Senior Member

this may sound like a silly question, but have you checked the chain? can it be adjusted higher?

3. go plow

go plow Senior Member

lumps

lumps , it hits the stops on the plow frame,, ive never seen a plow ride so low

4. salopez

salopez Senior Member

Are you running any ballast in the bed behind the axel? A thousand pounds or so would lift the front end up a bit.

5. plowed

plowed Senior Member

The ballast will definately help. I run a 9' Fisher on my '00 F-250 and it does ride a bit low, but it's in the same position when it's on my '01-F550. Keep in mind that you have a 9' blade, and when angled, the trailing edge will be closer to the ground than with an 8' blade.

6. go plow

go plow Senior Member

i have a 2 yrd sander in the back, its a one ton dump...

7. go plow

go plow Senior Member

plowed, your right, a plow does sit lower angled, but should it still be that low straight?? im just not sure, maybe im used to the meyers?

8. plowed

plowed Senior Member

Where in CT are you? Maybe we can take a look and see. One thing you can look at is your A-frame. Which one of the three holes is it in? Mine was in the middle hole, but I changed it. I moved it up to the lower hole, it's still pretty close to level - gives it a little better angle of attack, and I noticed right away that it doesn't lift as high as it bottoms out sooner on the bump stops. This may be something for you to look at...

9. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

Sounds more like the suspension is sagging than a plow issue to me.