1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher Plows?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by fordplowdude, Feb 11, 2005.

1. fordplowdude

fordplowdude Member

Im looking at a 2004 Ford F-350 Regular cab with a 6.0L Diesel. It comes with a Fisher plow with the Minute Mount. I will be new to plowing and was wondering about the quality of fisher plows? Any opinions would be great. Thanks in advanced. Al
  2. sgthawkusmc

sgthawkusmc Member

I doubt anyone that has a Fisher will complain about it. I have a Minute Mount 2 and I love it. Very heavy duty.
  3. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

Fisher makes excellent plows, very reliable!

SIPLOWGUY Senior Member

Have 2 Fishers. An 8' X-blade & a 6'8' MM!
  5. avalancheplow

avalancheplow Senior Member

Very strong commercial plows. I have the EZ-V and love it.
  6. wstwind

wstwind Senior Member

severe duty plows. very reliable. make sure you have service and parts available. good luck :redbounce :redbounce
  7. BJH Snow

BJH Snow Senior Member

I have an older Fisher 8' straight blade and I wouldn't trade it for the world. If you want a plow that will go through just about anything I would recomend the Fisher.

I thought about buying a new Boss plow for my truck but after looking at it, I will keep what I have.

SIPLOWGUY Senior Member

Been running FISHER since my 1st on the 81 Dodge!
  9. lakeeffect

lakeeffect Senior Member

Been runnning Fishers for over 20 years, wouldn't buy anything else. Best plows built.
  10. CamLand

CamLand Senior Member

Same here...
  11. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

Fisher is probabily the oldest company still making plows and I would hasten to say the best selling plow in the country.
  12. ratlover

ratlover PlowSite.com Addict
    from IL

you may not like the trip edge on a straight blade but fisher plows are good blades. Wester(fishers sister co) also make great products and are full trip.
  13. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Worst plow ever made. Total junk. You should get rid of it off immediately. To help you out, I'll take it off your hands.

Seriously, Fisher is a very well-built, tough plow. I have two plows and a Fisher sander. Don't own anything but Fisher for fighting snow.

SIPLOWGUY Senior Member

I was ready to choke you Mick, but luckily I kept reading! :rolleyes:
  15. Fordistough

Fordistough Senior Member
    from USA

I have been plowing with Fisher since my first '78 Ford F-250 custom, with an 8' Fisher Speedcast plow. Since, I have owned 11 plow trucks with fisher plows, and I tell you, the Speedcast is hard to beat, but the minute mount is a well built plow, and I think that it is the best plow still being made. I think you made the best decision. Good luck!

Currently driving a F-550 supercrew w/ 10' minute moute plow, a F-350 with 9.5' Minute Mount, and a Ford Louisville dump truck w/ 12' and wing blade.
  16. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

there tough all city town uses them and beat the crap out of them
  17. fordplowdude

fordplowdude Member

Thanks everyone for the quick replies. It helped me a lot. :)
  18. 92f150

92f150 Junior Member

help; Do you know if I can use an fisher 8' x plow on my 92 ford f-150 4x4
  19. Matson Snow

Matson Snow PlowSite.com Addict

Have a XLS on an F-250.....Love It.....As for the 8' X Blade on the F-150...Way to heavy
  20. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Yes, but Fisher put this cautionary note for the 8' - "Not for use on trucks with quad shocks. Recommended with optional heavy duty front suspension package only - (F150 3800lbs., F250 4600 lbs., F350 4X4 4800 lbs., F350 2WD 4000 lbs.)."