1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher Plows

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by newkidonthebloc, Dec 10, 2003.

1. newkidonthebloc

newkidonthebloc Junior Member

Does anyone here use Fisher plows and if so - how do you like them?
  2. edshipp19

edshipp19 Senior Member

I have two V's and a real old 71/2 I LOVE EM
  3. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

Have two 8 foot fishers. love them they clear very well
  4. ronsracing

ronsracing Member
    from CT

I have an 8' MM 1. Great plow!
  5. 2004F550

2004F550 Senior Member

I have about 8 Fisher plows from 8'-9'. There all great. I just ordered a 9' MC series Fisher for my new F550, I'm sure I'll have the same good luck.

6. Roger Dodger

Roger Dodger Senior Member
    from nw Pa.

Look at my avatar!
  7. newkidonthebloc

newkidonthebloc Junior Member

Have you had an major repairs needed? If so - what were they as well as any routine items that needed replacement/repair? Thanks in advance for your help.
  8. ronsracing

ronsracing Member
    from CT

No major repairs. Only had to replace a selanoid a few years back.
  9. tvpierce

tvpierce Senior Member
    from Maine

I wouldn't use anything else -- well, I would rather not use anything else.
    I prefer the belt-driven hydraulics over the electric. The systems are just bulletproof.

Jeff Pierce
  10. carlriv2

carlriv2 Senior Member
    from Mass

Never used anything else and dont think I ever will.

I have the full line
    7 1/2, 8, 8 1/2 Vee, 9, and 9 Xblade.
  11. MsQueen

MsQueen Member

I have a brand new one, used it the first time (and first time plowing) this past weekend for 24" of snow. I love it, worked great and I am a damn good plower for it being the first time with that amount of snow. Man, you should have seen me stacking 8 foot high piles!!! I was a maniac on four wheels. Didn't make any money but my family loves me.

I'd like to sub but don't know if I can because I have my primary job which comes first and don't know if someone would be interested in just night and weekend plowing.
  12. ChipsEarthWorks

ChipsEarthWorks Senior Member
    from CT

have a 8ft straight blade mm the only draw back is it is a hydraulic setup with the pump under the hood might upgraded unsure yet but other that that great plow:bluebounc :D
  13. BWinkel

BWinkel Senior Member

I have an 8' straight on a 01 F250 and an 8'6" EZV on a 03 F250. I had a motor relay go bad on the 8' straight and had it replaced under warranty. Before these two plows, I put a used 7'6" QS on a new 95 F150. The plow was six years old when I got it and I ran it up until I sold it last summer. Never had anything go wrong other than hoses and a lift chain.

SIPLOWGUY Senior Member

:) I LOVE MY FISHER PLOW!!! :)
  15. rtm038

rtm038 Senior Member
    from NJ

On my second (first was a 7.5' MM1) which is a 8' MM2. Been using Fishers for almost 5 years and have never had a problem. I looked at the Blizzard with the expanding wings, but I decided to stick with my 8' MM2 for now.

16. WOODY367

WOODY367 Senior Member
    from LI, NY

I have a 8' on my own truck with belt drive and 3 belt and 4 electric setups at work for plowing town roads. Won't buy anything but Fisher they hold up with all the roads we do. I do like the belt drive better, if I had a choose but the electric work good to. My own opinion:)
  17. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

fisher snowplows rule no doubt about that, aswk any buddy who has ever had one, you cant beat a fisher:)
  18. calhoun

calhoun Senior Member

Just to be fair I must add a desenting view. I am sure fisher makes great plows but I don't have one. Installed a new7.5 mm with underhood hydrolics on a new 97 K3500. First plow something in the valve body leaked and sprayed fluid all over my new engine. 2nd year all the paint fell off in sheets. I bought the underhood hydrolics because of corrosion problems with previous plow motors but by the 3rd year I had to replace all the relays, under the hood, because of corrosion. These are a terrible design with exposed connection tabs and I will again replace them at the beginning of this year because I have no lights. 4th year plow would raise but than fall without warning Dealer did something to the valve body ($170). This year plow wouldn't raise or move at all. Dealer replaced pump clutch ($500). Today saw fluid under truck. The hydrolic tank somehow came unbolted and was resting on some hoses dripping fluid out of the cap. I found some bolts and reattached it. Have to talk with the dealer about this. I don't plow commercial so it doesn't get that much use.
    Just a side note I will never get underhood hydrolics. The attaching and removale of the connections is difficult at best. I have left the plow on for days, till the ice melts off the connections, rather than fight with them.