1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher plows on Ford Broncos

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by phofmann, Feb 15, 2007.

1. phofmann

phofmann Junior Member
    from Va

New to plowsite and just wondering if anybody knows if I can use my 1992 Bronco push plates(7126) on my 1989 Bronco in place of the older 7131 push plates that use the push bars? I checked the Fisher site and the two sets look comparable. Anybody got any experience with these vehicles? Thanks in advance to anyone who may be able to help.
    Paul in VA
  2. rtm038

rtm038 Senior Member
    from NJ

Actually, the pushplates are very different. The 1992 Bronco mount is substantially longer (horizontally) than the early version that used the push rails. By making the mount "longer" is probably how Fisher was able to ditch the push rails. That being said, the only way to know for sure is to pull the bumper off your '89 and test fit the 1992 pushplates. You never know, it may mount right up. However, my guess is that Ford changed the front frame section between the (2) model years in question, which required Fisher to change the design. I just can't see Fisher going through the hassle of changing the mount design if the frame did not change, but I could be wrong.

3. phofmann

phofmann Junior Member
    from Va

Thanks Ryan
    After looking at the two again I see what your saying about the size.
    I think my best bet is gonna be to sell this set of 7126 mounts and find what I need to put this plow on my 89 F250. Thanks for you input.
    Paul in VA
    89F250 460ci C6Auto
    89 Bronco 351ci C6
    98 Ranger XLT
    06 Expidition
    MM1 8' with prowings
  4. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

Just so you don't have to type that ending to your posts everytime, up towards the top of the page, in the gray bar, far left, click on "user CP" then on the left side list of menus, click on "edit signiture" and there you can add your equipment list or w/e else you want and itll show up whenever you post