1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher Plows Discussion 10/29/12 - 11/2/12

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Michael J. Donovan, Oct 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael J. Donovan

Michael J. Donovan Head Moderator, Online Communities Staff Member

Hello Everyone!

Again this year, Fisher Engineering will be hosting a discussion here in their forum. The discussion will begin on Monday 10/29 and run until Friday 11/2. Be sure to read the discussion and feel free to participate.

This open discussion will be hosted by Tyler Jones - Technical Service Representative and Andy McArdle - Product Marketing Manager. Please join us for what is sure to be an informative session, and thanks in advance for your participation.

2. John Murphy

John Murphy Senior Member

Good morning. I just wanted to extend a thanks to Michael Donovan and everyone at PlowSite for allowing us to host this weeks discussion.

As Michael indicated, our public discussion will be hosted by Tyler Jones of our Technical Service Department, and Andy McArdle of our Product Marketing Department.

We look forward to addressing any of your questions, and thanks in advance for your participation. And, thank you for your business.

John Murphy
    VP, Sales
    Douglas Dynamics

3. Andrew McArdle

Andrew McArdle Sponsor

Good morning. I would also like to thank Michael and everyone at PlowSite for giving us this opportunity to host this discussion.

I look forward to answering questions and sharing ideas with everyone this week.

Andy McArdle
    Product Marketing Manager
    Fisher Engineering

4. quigleysiding

quigleysiding PlowSite.com Addict

Hey Guys :salute:

subscribed

5. Tyler Jones

Tyler Jones Junior Member

Good morning fellow plowers.

I'm looking forward to helping you all however I can.

Tyler Jones
    Technical Service
    Fisher Engineering

6. GMCHD plower

GMCHD plower PlowSite.com Addict

Hey guys, just a quick question, I know there was rumor last year of possibly some OEM wings in the works for HD series blades? Just wanted to know before I buy pro-wings.

Also, there was rumor of a redesigned Extreme vee coming out?

Thanks, David

7. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

I have a question about my 7.5' SD MM2. When I angle it, I let off the button on the Fish Stick and the plow keeps moving a little before it stops. It has done this since it was new. With the 8' HD MM2 I used when I stopped angling the plow stopped right there. It's hard to get my SD to stop where I want it. Is this normal? Is there any way I can make it stop instantly like the 8' MM2 I used?

8. Andrew McArdle

Andrew McArdle Sponsor

Hi David,

First, thanks for the questions! Hopefully you’re staying safe out there on the east coast. Fisher is constantly evaluating and working on new projects; whether it is an extension to the accessory line, a modification to a current product offering or exploring the opportunity to extend the Fisher family by introducing a new product line. We greatly value your feedback when it comes to what you need to be more productive & profitable in the field and welcome your suggestions on what you would like to see Fisher introduce next.

In regards to your question on the HD Series wings and a redesigned XtremeV™, we have a number of new projects currently underway, but given the product development process and the opportunity for projects/priorities to change prior to introduction, we tend not to disclose projects that are still under development. Plus, being a Marketing guy, I like to make a big splash when introducing new products, so I try not to provide any spoilers.

I can tell you that we do not plan to have HD Series accessory wings or a redesigned XtremeV™ available for the 2012/13 season.

9. unhcp

unhcp PlowSite.com Addict

What can we expect to see from fisher in the next year or so?

10. Tyler Jones

Tyler Jones Junior Member

Mercer, The handheld controller that you use (pn 9400) has a feature that we call smooth stop. You can read more about it here: http://library.fisherplows.com/ddcommon/dd_pdf/pdfs/27814.01_040505.pdf

The Joystick controller for the three plug wiring system does not have smooth stop and it will disengage the coils and motor relay at the same time which causes the blade to stop abruptly.

The Smooth Stop feature drops the motor relay and holds the valves open for a little longer which causes the blade to coast to a stop.

On new FLEET FLEX product that we just released this year you can program the control to work either way.

11. Andrew McArdle

Andrew McArdle Sponsor

Unhcp – Thanks for the question! While I can’t provide specifics, our new product development roadmap has always been focused on developing products that make your business more productive and profitable. Last year we introduced the new FLEET FLEX Electrical System, a common electrical system providing true fleet interchangeability within your Fisher® snowplow fleet - One Truck. One Control. Any Plow.

Our current roadmap is full of new opportunities, all of which we have accumulated from talking with valued Fisher customers like you. I'm always excited to hear your feedback on where we should go next. What new products would you like to see from Fisher in the next year or so?

12. unhcp

Fleet Flex is a awesome system, I have not used it myself but I run a Extreme V so I know of the multiplex technology which the system is based on.

What would I like to see? Maybe a V plow with flared wings? How about a 9 foot V plow? What about some electrical connectors that clip in, sort of like the headlight harnesses?

13. mercer_me

Thank you very much for the quick response. I understand now. Thumbs Up

14. Andrew McArdle

Andrew McArdle Sponsor

Unhcp - Thanks for the product suggestions. Just curious, what is the motivation behind a 9 foot Vplow? Is it vehicle based or do you have specific applications where a 9 foot V would work better than a 8.5 or 9.5?

Anyone else? Any recommendations on new avenues Fisher can take in regards to new product development?

15. unhcp

I was just thinking, the 8.5 is nice but a 9 would be better!

16. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

there is already a 9.5 also though.

17. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

Any possibility of Fisher offering (from the factory as a bolt on accessory) a backdrag edge? I know a lot of guys fabricate them themselves, but for those without the ability, it would sure be nice to be able to add one to an 8' HD MMII plow!!!

18. Andrew McArdle

Andrew McArdle Sponsor

Mkwl – Thanks for the feedback. Excellent suggestion. Although we do not currently offer a backdrag edge for the HD Series (we do offer one for the XtremeV), I would agree increasing the accessory line for our straight blades is absolutely an opportunity for us in the future.

In addition to a backdrag edge for the HD Series, are there any other accessories you would like to see available for the FISHER line?

19. slc12345

slc12345 Member
    from CT

I would love to see a larger XLS, we run all fisher plows but have a blizzard 8611 on a truck because the fisher one is just too small for a larger truck. Hope you guys come out with one for next year.

20. mercer_me

There seams to be a pretty good market for UTV plows and there aren't any UTV plows with trip edges on the market. So, maybe Fisher could make a trip edge UTV plow.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.