1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher Plows and GM Trucks, Frame flexing?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by dsc, Oct 29, 2006.

1. dsc

dsc Junior Member

I happened to notice when the plow is raised on the truck that the bumper moves when I shimmy the plow with my foot. I don't know if this is normal or could be indicating some other problem possibly with the mounting or the frame of the truck. Everything appears solid with the mount and the plow it really just looks like the frame could be flexing. If anyone could try this with their GM truck it would help. Thanks
  2. Ripple

Ripple Member

Not sure what your talking about?

Is the plow mounted to your bumper?
  3. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

Try retightening all the nuts and bolts
  4. dsc

dsc Junior Member

The plow is mounted the same as your ez-v assuming it is a typical Fisher install. When I lift the plow off the ground and physically use force to rock the plow up and down at the left or right side of the blade, it appears that this causes the frame "horns" (area of the frame ahead of the front axle) to flex. Since the bumper is mounted directly to the frame "horns" it is indicating to me that the frame is moving. I'm just trying to figure out if this is normal because the truck mounts are independent as well as longer than the pre-2003' mounting kit.
  5. Antnee77

Antnee77 PlowSite.com Addict
    from RI

Yeah the pushplates are longer on the 03- 2500HDs to compensate for the bumper and lower valence. This places the plow's weight further off the front end of the truck. I would just verify that all 4 bolts on each pushplate is tight like hell. Forget the torque specs that Fisher mandates, just tighten the shite out of them.
  6. Big Dog D

Big Dog D PlowSite.com Addict

Your two days late. Shoulda asked in last weeks "Open Fisher Forum"
  7. dsc

dsc Junior Member

Today I stopped @ my local dealer (zoresco) to test another truck for the same syptoms as I stated earlier. Brand new silverado 2500hd w/ western pro-plus did the same thing as mine. Bumper movement is normal. Thanks for the feedback.
  8. Ripple

Ripple Member

Not sure if I can be of any help.