1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

fisher plows, and ford superdutys...

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Robber80, Oct 20, 2004.

1. Robber80

Robber80 Member
    from Vermont

my friend has a 2002 f350 XL and when he hooked his minute mount 2 up and plug it in, the highbeam indicator light would turn on. and it would stay on. no mater what you did with the high beam switch. is that normal for fords?? i have a 2004 f350 and i'm oging to put a fisher minute mount on, and i wanted to know if i should expect it. thanks.

2. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

Sounds like a wiring problem in the harness.

3. catskill

catskill Junior Member

Wiring Issue

You have a wiring issue my friend,i have a 2002 f250 superduty xlt with an 8ft.fisher hd.No problem's whatsoever.Ask arcburn in here,i am sure he can help you.

4. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

Do all the lights function properly on truck and plow,before and after?No it's not normal,was it just installed or did it just start to act up?Could be a DRL wire miswired.

5. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Hey don, sounds like the plug at the bulb is configured for a HB1 instead of and HB5, backfeeding up the high beam leg. No drl wires, thats just what comes to mind, what do you think?

6. Robber80

Robber80 Member
    from Vermont

wow guys thanks for the posts. guys which headlights are wich? when you talk about the HB's and HB5s? which ones are glass and which ones are plastic?? it was installed and has done it since he had it intstalled.

7. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

DRL's are already in the harness on E-force but could have been miswired Jeff,but i think your right here anyways.
    Look at the front of the headlight bezel closely and it will be etched on it(HB5)
    Pull one of the plugs from behind your headlight,it's labeled ABC,HB5 should be A-orange,B-Blue and C-red.