1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher plows and Ford Ranger

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by CJRatdog, Feb 14, 2011.

1. CJRatdog

CJRatdog Junior Member

I have a 1997 Ford Ranger 4WD extended cab pickup. I want to equip my vehicle with a plow to clean up my property nothing to crazy. I found a nice MM1 6.5 Fisher plow for a great deal. I went to the local Fisher distributor today ans they told me Fisher does not make push plates for my truck ???? Any help would be great, I know I have seen Ranger's
    out there with Fishers on them...

2. mreamer

mreamer Member

The dealer may be right... I can't seem to find the part number on Fisher's website. It lists a mount for a 93-96 Ranger, but nothing newer. That doesn't mean you can't modify a mount (or have someone do it). The link below is that page that contains that parts and instructions for install. Good luck!

3. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

e-match dont even have a listing.
  4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Why it is a great deal, it is getting harder and harder to install full size 6'6"
    plows on any of the mini trucks. They don't have the front axle capacity to safely handle the weight particularly the extended cabs with the additional body weight.
  5. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

You could fabricate custom push plates.
  6. abbe

abbe Senior Member
    from RI

the plates for 93-96 will fit. that truck still has the same ttb front end
  7. CJRatdog

CJRatdog Junior Member

Thank You All

Thanks for all of your input guys. I am going to fabricate some push plates. I was just wondering if I could still buy a set of old ones to modify. I have not seen any yet I have checked with some Fisher dealers here in RI as well as Ebay but no luck..If you guys know of any sources for these push plates let me know.
    Again thanks for all of your help.
    This is a very useful site..

8. Elby401

Elby401 Junior Member

99 ranger

Would you happen to know if it would also fit a 99 ranger?
  9. Sprag-O

Sprag-O Senior Member

Holy old post, and Negative.

Rangers were TIB/TTB fronts till the end of 97, 98+ has some front frame differences.

I don't recall seeing a fisher mount for the old models, but thought they had a 98+ version.
  10. Elby401

Elby401 Junior Member

yes I know real old post haha, im having trouble finding fisher push plates for a 99 ranger 4x4
  11. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

you can buy a half ton snowplow for halk of what it might cost you to piece all together
  12. Diesel_brad

Diesel_brad Senior Member

99+ Fisher makes a plow and mount for your truck , but it is called the Homesteader

But I am sure modifying an Old Minute Mount to fit your truck should not be hard. That is what I did to put a Western Uni-Mount on my 04 ranger
  13. ScubaSteve728

ScubaSteve728 Senior Member

Elby if you are in RI which is area code 401 this guy will hook you up he specializes in fitting older plows to trucks and has mostly everything you could need. http://www.plowking911.com