1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

fisher plow?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by wall's, Oct 17, 2002.

1. wall's

wall's Junior Member

One of my trucks is an 88 f250 with a fisher set up on it. The piston will not go down unless the plow is on it. Should the piston go down if there is no weight on it? When the plow is on it it will go up but not that much. To get the plow up at a normal height you have to rev the motor and put it up to get it to a good height . What is wrong with this picture? Is the piston tired? It goes side to side fine but up and down is a little slow with the above problems.

2. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

First check that the belt is tight and fluid level is correct. Next examine the valve body to make sure valve is operating correctly. Worst case the pump may need to be replaced.

3. wall's

wall's Junior Member

The valve or the pump?

4. 90plow

90plow Senior Member

I have same plow and the piston shouldnt go down without pressure or you would lose plow when you set it down. The slack would come undone. Mine will go down if i push it down.
    Eric