1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

fisher plow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by senor plow, Oct 28, 2001.

1. senor plow

senor plow Junior Member

hey guys, I can't wait for the first snow storm of the year. I have a couple questions. I sold my plow truck over the summer because I could not afford to keep putting repairs in it. I ended up keeping the 7 foot fisher plow that I had on it. I put a custom rubber deflector on it and replaced ever nut and bold on it. It even has a pretty good life in the cutting edge left. Whats a good price to sell it for. Blade only. No pump controls, lights or mounting brackets.
    second question: If I subcontract using someone else's truck and plow, whats a good hourly rate to receive if they provide the insurance for me?
  2. 75

75 PlowSite.com Addict

Can't help you with the Fisher blade $ question, as far as the subcontracting question I'm a little :confused: there - does this mean you are going to be an employee of the person who owns the truck?

I generally interpret "subcontract" as meaning you're fully equipped with truck/plow/insurance etc of your own, but working for another contractor as opposed to chasing your own customers.
  3. senor plow

senor plow Junior Member

I just mean I am gonna be employeed using someone else's truck. I was offered 20 an hour

DYNA PLOW Senior Member

good lord man take it!!
    how old of plow? maybe tween 400.00 and 600.00?
  5. senor plow

senor plow Junior Member

Its probably 10 years old. It needs a paint job. One of my friends painted some teeth on it. I have it for sale on excite.com for like 300. I just want to get rid of it. I have a pic if anyone wants one, just e-mail me at jashem@aol.com

DYNA PLOW Senior Member

sounds fair for not having any other equipment with it.
  7. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

As for $20/hr - depends an location. Around here, that would be unreal (high).
  8. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

I pay my drivers a little less then that. Although I include meals for them. I would think that may be a fair price depending on demand. It is hard to find drivers around here. I have a harder time finding shovelers and actually pay more for them then I do drivers.