1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher plow???

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Steeley, Dec 28, 2005.

1. Steeley

Steeley Junior Member
    from Maine

I have a 8' 6" foot V- Plow with 1 year old cutting edge and it does not scrape the snow very good on pavement, it does not have any shoes on it. Is there any thing I can do to make it scrape better. My 8' foot X- Blade scraped good in the last storm. Any help would be great. Thanks

2. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping Senior Member
    from Maine

I had the same problem and found that my cutting edge was worn to the same point as my plow. I took the cutting edge off and it scraps better. I am going to wear the plow down a couple more storms and then put the cutting edge back on but flip it around so it will have a better edge. I have heard that the X blade scraps much better, never used one though.

3. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

you are supposed to wear the plow trip edge in before adding a cutting edge- sounds like that wasn't done. Measure the cutting edge- stock was 6 inches- how much has worn? If it's not down to 4 inches you probabily need to pull the edge and run it without for a while to wear the plow in.

4. Merc1100sc

Merc1100sc Senior Member

You have to adjust the cutting angle of V blades to suit your truck. There are 3 different settings for the head gear to mount to the frame, and then a set a cam plates that are held tight by two horizontal bolts nin the framing. you adjust it by putting the plow in full V position and adjust the cam plates until the center of the plow is at its closest point to the ground. if this is good, it will scrape good while stright or in scoop..