1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

fisher plow

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Guy Surette, Dec 13, 2015.

1. Guy Surette

Guy Surette Junior Member

have a huge problem. My fisher min.2 plow won't raise or angle at times. Funniest thing is when i unplug the joy stick for about a minute, then plug it back in, the plow works a-one for awhile---then same problem starts again.. I unplug and presto, it works when i plug back in. Have bought 2 new joysticks(thinking this was the problem)...but after a bit same problem. Battery is new in truck. I have seen plow work a-one for most of the day, then bang--it starts acting up and it can act up for your next 10 driveways, and after unplugging several times it will work. Any ideas??? Fisher distributor and repair is 3 1/2 hrs. away(one way) from my shop. It is getting worst, that i have noticed..Thanks ..Guy

2. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Plow solenoid or motor.

3. Guy Surette

will try solenoid first and see what it does. Thanks...Guy

4. maxwellp

maxwellp PlowSite.com Addict

When it will not raise or angle does the pump run?

5. Guy Surette

it tries to lift, but as soon as it tightens the chain, the piston goes down again. Then after that, nothing happens, nothing runs. I unplug joystick, leave it unplugged for about a minute and it will work, most of the time. It seems when i unplug joystick, it de-energizes something, then when i plug back in---it makes full power go to motor and it will lift like nothing is wrong. I hope i am not confusing you...Guy

6. Randall Ave

Randall Ave PlowSite.com Addict

Have a test light in the truck, when she quits, get out and see whats going on.

7. Guy Surette

Thanks man, will do......