1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher Plow works then won't!

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Landscapes8988, Nov 13, 2008.

1. Landscapes8988

Landscapes8988 Senior Member

I have a fisher 8' MM I am guessing it is 5 years old maybe 4. The plow will work fine and then all of a sudden act like it is stuck in that position. wires look clean. anybody have any idea's??? Thanks

2. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

Need a bit more info....does the motor run when this happens? Does it do anything at all when it stops working?

3. Gicon

Gicon Senior Member
    from MA

Def need a better description. What are some other symptoms. How often does it do this?

4. Landscapes8988

Landscapes8988 Senior Member

The motor acts like it wants too but the blade acts like it is stuck in that position. It does it in all directions. I tried it this morning and everything worked fine. Only does it every so often but more than just once and a while. i was looking at the plugs and they aren't corouted but are kinda dirty from the di-electric grease. I have always had Boss Plows so this is all new to me. :drinkup:

5. Gicon

Gicon Senior Member
    from MA

Make sure all of your electrical connections are tight on the pump/plow, battery, and on the selenoid. You might have a loose connection somewhere just enough to cause your problem.

6. Bruce'sEx

Bruce'sEx Senior Member

Is it the instact pump / motor?

We had the problem of the pump would work fine, then struggle to move, then not at all. It was the brass bushing, that didn't get changed when we had to install a new motor.