1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? Explore this quick video tour of updates and enhancements. It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

fisher plow won't raise or angle

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by thenorthpohle, Feb 26, 2011.

1. thenorthpohle

thenorthpohle Junior Member

My MM2 plow suddenly stopped working the other day while plowing, it will not raise nor angle. I changed the solonoid, and noticed that when I try to raise the blade or angle it does click which it did with the old one, no difference there. I can force it to raise by holding the switch up and shorting the power to the plow motor, this works as well for angling so it appears the joystick is working, but no power is going through the solonoid to force power to the motor. The motor runs strong and fluid is OK. I also checked the inline fuses, both are fine. Also the light on the switch is on, getting power, any clue?

2. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

How are you "shorting" power to the motor?

3. buddymanzpop

buddymanzpop Senior Member

"shorting power to the motor". If that is jumping the two main power studs on the solenoid and you get the desired plow function then I would start with a test light and check all the wires at the solenoid for for power when functioning (small wires completing circuit also) , if everything checks out (which it sounds like it should) and the new solenoid is correctly connected then it has to be the new solenoid. If you don't have a test light you can buy a cheap 12V test light for about 5-7$ at any auto parts or Home Depot or Lowes stores. A test light is a valuable tool.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2011
  4. samjr

samjr Senior Member

I am getting the same thing

On my EZ-V if i tap on top of the motor a few time it comes alive but some times it dont it just clicks ? Do u guys think the motor is going bad and when i tap on it it moives the bushs or something ? This does not happen all the time but when it does it a pan in the a@@

5. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

Ya u wont believe how bad it looks in there til u take the motor off and then u will wonder how it worked at all.

6. samjr

samjr Senior Member

how much

how much for a new motor ?
    Whats the clicking i am hearing in there do u know ? it coming from somewhere around the pump i thinning in the valves maybe

Last edited: Apr 30, 2011