1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher plow wont move

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by rcsullivan250, Dec 17, 2008.

1. rcsullivan250

rcsullivan250 Junior Member
    from ma

My brand new plow(minute mount2) will not lower,raise or angle. When I use the joy stick the pump runs but doesn’t move plow. The fluid is full!!

2. MAR4CARS

MAR4CARS Senior Member

Brand new? then it should be warrantied.

3. rcsullivan250

from ma

Lpow wont move

It is,they cant look at it until tomorrow was wondering if anyone had an idea on what it might be.

4. rcsullivan250

from ma

Any one else have an idea? Thanks

5. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

Is the joystick or Fish stick light up with power?

6. rcsullivan250

from ma

Yes the stick works the pump is running it just wont move. The fluid is full, i plowed today for 8 hours, then allth sudden nothing.

7. rob1325

rob1325 Senior Member

Maybe the pickup tube in reservoir fell off.

8. rcsullivan250

from ma

That has happened before with another plow, but when it did it still moved a little. And the plow is stuck up it wont lower!

9. BigDave12768

check all connections make sure the plugs into Isolater are tight. Also kicking tire and swearing at plow sometimes helps

10. rcsullivan250

from ma

I tried all that, the swearing didnt help!

11. rcsullivan250

from ma

First snow storm. Very mad

12. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Isn't there a fuse inside the panel on the actual pump on those. I think it will still let the pump do it's thing but won't allow any actions. Might be worth a check. My neighbor had the same issues with his a few weeks ago, but I never heared what caused it. I'll try calling him.

13. rcsullivan250

from ma

If you could call that would be great!

14. BigDave12768

I see you live in Mass. Did you check the fluid? I know you say its new. But has it sat your driveway for the past 6 months? You could have iced up. Doesnt sound like a controller but cant hurt to check to see if it went bad if you have a spare. and here is one more option

The S1 valve isn't opening... now you just have to figure out why..

Remove the plastic cover covering the valve/coil assembies on the rear of the pump unit. The S1 will be the one with the white/yellow wire.

Now, be very careful here... because if the valve suddenly "comes alive", the blade will drop! Put a jack stand under it.....

Use a metal object like a wrench or screw driver to check the coil for magnetize with the controller in the float position (ignition on also). Can you feel the coil pulling on the screw driver? If so then the coil and wiring are good but the valve isn't opening.. remove it and clean it real good and use a small screwdriver or pick to push in on the valve spool inside the valve. Can you easily push it in? If not, then it's stuck and your best bet is to replace it.

If you find it doesn't have magnetism, then either the coil isn't getting power (or ground) so you need to start checking your connections, or the coil itself is bad. Start at the wire connections at the coil checking for power and ground with a test light. If you find it doesn't have power at the coil, take a good look at the grill connecting plugs. Give them a real good cleaning and re grease them with di-electric grease.

15. rcsullivan250

from ma

Thanks i will check it in the morning. Yes i live in Dracut,ma. I plow for the town of tewksbury.

16. BigDave12768

If all of a sudden tomorrow morning it moves and works fine. You iced up. You need to replace fluid. check to see if fluid is cloudy

17. rcsullivan250

from ma

The plow is only 2 weeks old i dont think its the fluid

18. rcsullivan250

from ma

I had that same pats plow on my 2005 f250

19. BigDave12768

I just sold it about 3 hours ago. LOL I loved it. but I got a sweet deal on a XBlade.

20. rcsullivan250

from ma

Nice. Got a sweet deal on that pats plow because they said no one wanted to buy them. i guess they were more money then the yellow ones when they came out.