1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

fisher plow won't fit my 2003 chev truck

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by redneckhershey, Nov 25, 2010.

1. redneckhershey

redneckhershey Junior Member

I bought a 8' fisher mm1 plow and had it installed on my truck (2003 chev 2500hd duramax) not sure if it has the plow prep package.
    When i pulled up to the plow to hook up i noticed that the plow jack was going to hit the bumper. The truck is far from new so pushed a Little harder and hooked it up. The plow jack bracket is now against my license plate and my bumper in pushed in about 1 inch. Obviously something is wrong. Wrong push brackets for my truck???? looking from the side the push plates are set back 3 or 4 inches from the leading edge of the bumper. If they would stick out a little more say 6 inches then i would not have this issue.

The plow was previously on a 2002 gmc2500hd with duramax. I thought everything would be the same
    Any help would be great
    Thanks

2. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

Fisher changed the brackets from 2002 to 2003. The body styles are different & as you found out the bumpers stick out further. I believe they discontinued the 2002 brackets (not sure), but I have a sub that put a plow (new) on a 2001 later on & it sticks out pretty far from the bumper.

3. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Sounds like you have a set of 7161 push plates mounted to your truck, and you need a set of 7169's!

4. cutbetterthanyo

cutbetterthanyo Senior Member

Is this a problem on western unimounts too? I was going to buy one tommorow but the ad says 99-08 chevy/gmc.

5. RepoMan207

from Maine

I don't know enough about Western's mounts to answer that. Go to their website and look up the information for both applications.

I can tell you this, If the setup your considering buying comes with everything, I wouldn't allow the mounts to discourage the sale, for that matter, it doesn't what it comes with. These plows are NOT truck specific, you set your truck up for the plow, not the other way around. It's JUST mounts, you can sell the incorrect ones and buy the right ones.

6. redneckhershey

redneckhershey Junior Member

I bought the 7169 brackets today and installed. They give me about 2.5 inches more clearance in the bumper. Thanks for the help

7. RepoMan207

from Maine

Nice, Happy Plowing!