1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher Plow won't Angle!!HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Andy N., Nov 23, 2005.

1. Andy N.

Andy N. Senior Member

My fisher plow will raise and lower, but won't angle. It is trying to angle but meets resistance. Any thoughts......snow coming tonight, please help!!!!!
  2. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

First check the hydraulic fluid level. Second, check the connections between at the plow and truck. Check the pins and recepticles for corrosion. Make sure they are fully pushed in. Check for air in the system. Check for damaged lines. Check for damaged angle rams. Check for clogged filter. Last would be a worn out motor.

Let me know if you need help in performing any of these. I will need to know what type you have (InstaAct or SEHP).
  3. Andy N.

Andy N. Senior Member

Mick, thanks for the reply. The wiring at the relay was very corroded. Cleaned it up, works for now. Had to replace the motor on my Meyer pump as well today.