1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher Plow Wobble

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by RepoMan207, Nov 9, 2008.

1. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

My 8' HD fisher has a wobble to it. I can't see the pin hole good enough to see if it is in fact egged out or not. From experince is this normally the case? Is it the pin that just gets worn, or is it the pin hole that actually eggs out? I am replacing every pin and bolt anyway on reassembly when I get the plow back from the Blaster, but I want to have a plan in line if the hole is fact egged out. How does one fix this?

2. RepoMan207

from Maine

Odd.......thread won't go to the top........SEAN??????

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

They usually wear the blade or the A-frame more than the actual pin itself. Need to weld the worn holes up and re drill (or) grind it round again. Not a bad job just takes a little time.

4. RepoMan207

from Maine

Thanks man, I will go take a closer look at it today.

5. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

The same thing is going on with my plow. I noticed it more after I reassembled it today. It wasn't as bad before because all the pins had been welded in place. Maybe thats why the guy that owned it last had done that? Idk, but it was a pain to get it taken apart.

6. RepoMan207

from Maine

Weld the center pin??? How will it angle?

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Likely only welded the pin to the blade ribs...not to the T-frame as well. It's a common low grade technique used to tighten up a worn plow rather than fixing it correctly.

8. RepoMan207

from Maine

Thats kinda what I thought it might be. I'm that over kill guy. I am probably the only guy you know to dump $2000 into a 96 MM1. It will be brand new by the time I am done.

9. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

Over kill yes, but like you said it's NEW now and cheaper than buying a new one.

10. RepoMan207

from Maine

absolutley.

11. RepoMan207

from Maine

Well.....the center pin has hardley any shaping to it all. It's only the very top hole, and barley noticeable. I had to get on my knees and look real close. It has 6 contact points and all the rest are perfect down through the hole. I had to use a center punch to get the pin out. I will see what New Bolts, Pins, and Torsion Spring will do to it.

12. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Doesn't sound too bad...

Did you inspect the rear A-frame pin holes where it attaches to the head gear? They wear those as well, and will make it seem like it has a sizable amount of wear.

13. RepoMan207

from Maine

yup, looking good there too. I did notice ALOT of egging in the center (ram connect) Lift arm though. It's getting a new MM2 lift arm and pin. I can't see that as the problem though, thats a up and down movement not side to side.

14. RepoMan207

from Maine

Did you know that Spring tool doesn't work on the earlier MM1's as far as removal. You have to drill a hole for where the caging pin goes.

15. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Just adds to the fun when working with a classic. :D