1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

fisher plow will not go down

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by miguel, Nov 17, 2008.

1. miguel

miguel Junior Member

i have a 99 Chevy 2500 and the plow will not go down
    mm2 on truck 3 plug
    isolationmodla is yellow
    but when i put the plow on my other truck it works fine
    :confused:

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Couple likely causes... either you have a broken wire in the control harness on the truck side, or the controller plug (under the dash) isn't making good connection on all six pins. Last common possibility is the wire is actual broke or corroded inside the grill connector plug (also on the truck side)

Need to do some visual checking/diagnosing as well as with a multimeter or test light to see exactly where the signal gets lost.

3. JBMiller616

JBMiller616 Senior Member

Agree with the above.

Most likely a severed wire or broken pin on the truck side plug for the plow controls.

4. miguel

miguel Junior Member

thanks guys I'm going to test all that out right now. i will get back to you with the results

5. miguel

miguel Junior Member

i can't figure out the problem i ran an alternate wire from the in side of the truck where the fish stick is to the plow and it still didn't go down any suggestions

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

What and where exactly did you tie your jumper wire into? If you didn't bypass the grill connector with it you could still have a broken wire in the grill connector on the truck side.

Do you have the wiring diagram for your plow?