1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

fisher plow tuns when i try to lift

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by jeff abbott, Feb 10, 2013.

1. jeff abbott

jeff abbott Junior Member
    from maine

what cause this it happened before played with plugs then it worked this time it just trys to turn wont lift
  2. Buswell Forest

Buswell Forest PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

Your valves are sticking. You can try cleaning them, some guys have made them work again, but I never had any luck doing it. If you can afford it, just go buy all 3 new. My local NAPA has them, call yours. I paid like $120 for mine...If you never messed with them before, it's simple. Take the big 7/8 or whatever nut off the solenoids, pull them off, and use a deep socket to pull the valve out. I leave the wires attached to the solenoids, no mixing them up that way.

Like my MM-1..
    Here they are highlighted darker than the rest of the pic..

The other kind (Insta-act?)
  3. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

might also have a wiring issue. you said you messed with the plugs and it started to work,,,,,ck your grill connectors good, might need to replace them