1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher Plow stopped working suddenly

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by cstein, Jan 3, 2014.

1. cstein

cstein Junior Member

I have a Fisher 8' Minute Mount straight blade. It was running fine, then after dropping the plow several hours into the storm - the plow would no longer raise, go right, or go left. There was nothing leading up to this. It just shut down. The solenoid is still clicking. The joystick light is still on. The lights on the plow work. The fluid is up. All the plug connectors are connected. When jacking up the blade to get it off the street, I noticed the lift piston had no pressure. I've read to check the harness fuse, but don't know where it is located. Anyone have any suggestions?

2. bgingras

bgingras Senior Member

did you verify power to the pump motor? I had an issue a few years back with the plug to the pump motor. The pins were making intermittent contact. Try cleaning, spread them slightly, make sure you have plenty of grease also. If those are making contact and you can verify power to the pump, you need to verify the pump motor is spinning...if not, that's your answer.

3. cstein

cstein Junior Member

Do you mean under the cover where the solenoids are? My motor has 2 posts - one for power and one for the ground. They are on the opposite side of the motor, so they are not touching.

4. jshocik

jshocik Member

He means the pins in the plug ends. It doesn't hurt to check the 2 wires to the pump motor & clean them. Are you sure the controller is good? I've heard of & seen these go in the middle of a storm. Just because the red light is on means nothing. Try jumping the solenoid to make sure that's not the problem, I've had these go on me a few times so I carry a spare. 2nd easiest thing to change, after the controller( I have a spare one also).

5. unhcp

unhcp PlowSite.com Addict

bad solenoid?

6. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Jump the posts on the solenoid, if motor runs replace solenoid. Doesn't run, check connections, be sure everything is clean. If all this looks good replace motor.

7. K5Man91

K5Man91 Member
    from MA

Sounds like a bad underhood solenoid.