1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher PLOW & S-10 ZR2

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by midas, Aug 16, 2004.

1. midas

midas Junior Member

Did you have to do any modifacations to make it fit ,because I was told that Fisher does not make a plow to fit my 1998 ZR2?

2. ronsracing

ronsracing Member
    from CT

I have a 7'6" LD on my 2003 zr2. Had it installed last year. If you do a search here you see a few zr2 with plows.

3. corkireland

corkireland Senior Member

They should still make the all the components of the mounting kit for the ZR2, they may not offer it as a kit, but all components of the kit should be made still.

The link to the parts list and diagram is

http://www.fishersnowplows.com/pdf/6478_011197.pdf

Now finding a dealer that will still install this mount and sell the ld searies plow with it.. I'm not sure. If your really looking for a dealer install I know snoway will install on Zr2 up through the Mt series. I'm pretty sure Curtis will, as well as Blizzard. I'm not sure about Myers. But you could always ask your local fisher dealer.

Good luck!

4. VBigFord20

VBigFord20 Senior Member

I know myers has one that will work on a S-10. My boss has a 90 s-10 with a plow he uses around the shop. Fames do not differ much between years.

5. corkireland

corkireland Senior Member

Thats very true,.. only the differnece between a stock s10 frame and a zr2 is two inch suspension lift to fit the 31 inch tires. so all that would have to be added for Myers would be two inch metal tubing or bar for spacers. Thats basically what Snoway does to fit their mount without making two separate mounts for the s10 and the s10 zr2!

6. PlowMan03

PlowMan03 Senior Member
    from Maine

Actually the ZR2's come with 3 inches of lift......2 from the factory and and inch from the 31's....I should know......I own one :D but I don't have a plow on it either. The ZR2 is the best truck GM ever made......to bad they don't make em anymore, be sides the ZR2 Blazer :cry:

I think there is a guy on this site that has a Red ZR2 Blazer with a Meyer snowplow on it....not sure of this though.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2004