1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

fisher plow restore

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by m.williams, Dec 11, 2013.

1. m.williams

m.williams Member

So I bought an old used beat up fisher blade this fall. And as usual I couldn't just leave well enough alone. Ripped the whole thing to pieces and re-did it. Here is some pics.

2. m.williams

m.williams Member

some more. everything from hacking it apart to putting a new skin on it. all new angling and lift rams. bushed the pin holes for tighter pins. even painted it with fisher paint.

3. lawnboy2121

lawnboy2121 Senior Member

Nice job I have one to do like that what time do u want me to drop it off lol
  4. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

That came out mint.
  5. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

Nice. Where is the snofoil though?
  6. m.williams

m.williams Member

I'd do another for the right price. Its almost cheaper to buy new though. And I'm working on painting the snow foil and its going back on this week. Pushed my first bit of snow with it yesterday and it worked great.
  7. alldayrj

alldayrj PlowSite.com Addict

Youre an animal, mines on its way. Came out great. What did all the parts cost?
  8. pennsylvaniaboy

pennsylvaniaboy Junior Member

Did you really cut apart an old trip edge, steel snow foil and make it a basic straight blade? ......I'm speechless.
  9. m.williams

m.williams Member

The trip edge is clearly still there. And if you had read the snow foil is being painted and put back on. Thanks for the input though.
  10. m.williams

m.williams Member

alldayrj- I dont have my total figured out quite yet but it would have almost been cost effective to buy something used in good shape.
  11. wolfmobile8

wolfmobile8 Senior Member

Looks good and nice dmax.
  12. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

I wouldn't have thought the MM2 lift triangle would have fit the MM1 headgear.

Looks great!
  13. m.williams

m.williams Member

Thanks guys. And the lift triangle fits but you have to trim it a little or it goes crunch when you lift it all the way up....whoops
  14. Jaspell

Jaspell Member
    from 06117

Where did you get the new mold board? I am told that Fisher no longer sells replacement moldboards for MM1 plows. You need to get an MM2 moldboard and not all of them fit the old MM1 A frame.
  15. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

nice job it came out great
  16. m.williams

m.williams Member

I didn't get the mold board from fisher, got a sheet of 1/8 in steel and had it rolled. I actually had to cut it in half to have it rolled, you can see the weld down the center of the blade.
  17. Ant118

Ant118 Senior Member

Looks really good. Im planning on redoing my western. Only sanded it down and repainted it. Want to make up some wings for it in the spring/summer. Didn't upgrade to the nighthawk lights? I upgraded to the nighthawks and Ill say what a difference. Plan on throwing HID's in them soon.
  18. m.williams

m.williams Member

I'd like to put the intensifiers on or w.e. They are called but I couldn't justify spending anymore money on this plow untill I get some return on investment.
  19. mass1589

mass1589 Senior Member
    from mass

thats a great job! i did the same last year on my mm1.... lot more work than i thought!
  20. FF/P215

FF/P215 Senior Member
    from 01085

Looks great man, nice truck too!