1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher plow questions

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Hawks4x4Ram, Sep 21, 2009.

1. Hawks4x4Ram

Hawks4x4Ram Junior Member

First off let me say I am brand new to the snow plow world and got what I think is a heck of a deal on a plow. Its a Fisher 7'6" HD plow for $100.00 freshly powder coated. Now for the downside. All thats included is the blade and the A frame. Im installing this on an 04 Ram 1500. On the truck side of things I shouldnt have too much trouble figuring out what I need. Its the plow side that I need some help on. The plow is missing the rack, headlights, pump, just about everything. So question is, does anyone have a parts manual or exploded diagram of just what all I am going to have to buy? I also see a lot of reference to the MM1 and the MM2, whats the difference? I have already learned a lot in just the short time Ive been lurking on here. Any and all feedback is appreciated.

2. SuperdutyShane

SuperdutyShane PlowSite.com Addict

Well, it sounds like you need the headgear, including pump&motor. However, so you understand this better, go on the Fisher website and under the technical support section, there is a parts section, click the headgear link and it should bring up a good picture of a broken down plow so you understand exactly what you need. It should even give you the part numbers you need if you scroll down to the Dodge Ram 1500 section. Basically, the difference in a mm1 and a mm2 is that on the mm2 the headgear is designed a bit differently. Also, the connection pins that lock into the push plates, are on a single lever, where you pull it back and it releases both pins, then you push the headgear towards the truck. Unlike on the mm1 you had to put each pin in separately, which required walking around the whole plow. I believe the mm2 has a different pump than the mm1 did. I believe the mm1 was an "Insta Act" < Could be wrong on that part. There is probably many more little things they did that is different from the mm1. But Im sure someone on here will answer that for you soon enough.
    Good luck :salute:

3. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Do you have hoses attached to your A frame with Cylinders???? Got any pics? Did the previous owner tell you what he used it on?

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

5. Hawks4x4Ram

Hawks4x4Ram Junior Member

I purchased this plow at an auction so I have no idea what it came off of. Here are some quick photos I took a while back.

plow pic 1.jpg

plow pic2.jpg

6. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Thats a old Speedcaster which was a conventional mount type plow. The conventional type had the undercarriage, headgear, pump and headlights on the truck. You wont find anything to fit your truck in that type. Best bet is to leave the for sale sign on it and find something else.

7. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

yeh thats not the right plow for your truck. if you want a fisher, find a minute mount 1 or 2, (type it into craigslist or ebay, or look in the for sale forum on here.) Also, if your able to buy a new plow, Fisher just came out with a new plow this year that would be pefect for your truck.