1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher Plow Questions?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by JOHNTIBZ, Aug 13, 2003.

1. JOHNTIBZ

JOHNTIBZ Junior Member
    from NH

HELLO, i HAVE 90 CHEVY K2500 WITH FISHER MINUTE MOUNT PLOW, WILL THAT FIT ON MY 94 K2500??? iT LOOKS THE SAME. aLSO DOES ANYONE KNOW THE TOURQUE AND HORSEPOWER OF THAT TRUCK ITS A STOCK 454 WITH AN AUTOMATIC, NO AIR. tHANKS FOR ANY HELP. JOHN

2. wyldman

wyldman Member

Welcome to Plowsite :waving:

Your truck should be 230 HP @ 3600 RPM,and 385 Ft\Lbs @1600 RPM.

Yes the plow will fit,but the frame plates may be different.If both trucks are the same GVWR,then it will transfer over no problem.The attachment kits are different for the LD (7200 GWVR),and the HD (8600 GVWR).

3. wxmn6

wxmn6 PlowSite.com Addict

Wyldman is correct, the plow should fit, but you may need different attachment kit, but that will depend.

http://www.fisherplows.com/pdf/22457_030103.pdf

I checked out Fisher kit selection guide for both your truck model years. On page 8, it showed that light duty (7200 GVWR) and heavy duty (8600 GVWR) have different attachment kit. The easy way to tell whether if your truck is light duty or heavy duty is by the wheel lugs. If it has 6 wheel lugs, then it is the light duty type. If it has 8 wheel lugs, then it is the heavy duty type. If say, both your trucks have 8 lugs, then you should be able to swap without a problem, but if one of them has 6 and the other has 8, then you will need to get a different and proper attachment kit.

Good luck.

And welcome to Plowsite. :)

4. JOHNTIBZ

JOHNTIBZ Junior Member
    from NH

Thanks for the help guys!

I appreciate the the help, I'll lewt you know how the swap goes, the new truck is an 8 lug, while the old one was a light duty, I have push plates for the new rig, I'll have to try to hook it up and see what else I run into.:realmad:

Thanks from Alton Bay NH,
    John