1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher Plow question

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by nysmokeater, Jun 25, 2002.

1. nysmokeater

nysmokeater Junior Member

I have a 8'Fisher belt driven Minute Mount offa 97 Ford F-250 that I want to put on my 93 Dodge Cummins Diesel. Does anyone have any experience with a belt driven pump on a Dodge Cummins. Some people are saying it cant be done others are saying it can, any thoughts?

2. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

A 93 should have the room, if a fisher dealer cant help you with the brackets, try fishers web site, they have a complete installation guide on line.
    If that fails, try diamond for info. They had a belt system for that truck if memory serves.
    Dino

3. Maine Man

Maine Man Junior Member

It can definitely be done. The Cummins diesel used a kit number 7507 as you can see on the Fisher web site. The key though is making sure that the belt-drive system coming off the Ford uses a one-piece pump and reservoir assembly. The Cummins kit is designed to use with a one-piece pump and reservoir like most Fisher belt-drive kits. Some Ford kits though had a split pump and reservoir arrangement due to space restrictions under the hood. If your Ford system, has a split pump and reservoir, the cost of this conversion would go up quite a bit, since you'd also need to buy a pump.

4. nysmokeater

nysmokeater Junior Member

Thanks MaineMan mine does have the one piece pump, now i just got to find the pushplates for under the truck and the brackets to mount the pump

5. Maine Man

Maine Man Junior Member

Try Suresky Truck Center in Goshen, NY. (845)294-8407 He's a Fisher Distributor and a Dodge Dealer, so he's likely to have some good old Dodge stuff.